Turkey Flat Butcher's Block SGM 2009 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Turkey Flat Butcher's Block SGM 2009

This was my first crack at a Turkey Flat wine for years, and if the rest of the range is indicative of this, I'll be banging on the door again for sure!

A Shiraz Grenache Mourvedre blend with percentages of 55/35/10 respectively pumping out 14.5% abv. Eighteen months of French oak has done the trick.
The nose was brilliant! Stewed fruit, leather, some spice, cherries and earthiness. I could have whiffed this all night to be honest. The fruit was funky, firm, juicy with some sweetness. Tasty as!  Tannins were ripe and juicy too, with an elegant soft finish. The label suggests cellaring from 5-10 years. After giving this a hit, I don't think I could have the patience to hold out that long. Better still, I grabbed it for a steal just under $18. Get amongst it people