Yelland & Papps Second Take Grenache 2013 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Yelland & Papps Second Take Grenache 2013

Lie me down and feed this to me with an eye dropper. Drop by drop. Soooo good!!

There's so much to love about this wine and perhaps words cannot capture the pure essence of what is delivered but I'll try.

The label is simple yet attractive. I won't bore you with the technical details, just absorb the picture at right. Perhaps the whole bunch thing is the clincher here for me delivering a wine which is not clean nor pristine but full of character and spunk.

Characters of red jube lollies, raspberry, earthiness and peppery spice roll seamlessly about, but it's the textural difference in this Grenache which sets it apart.

This is the second take on the Second Take. The first release of this label last year was mightily impressive and this has superseded that.

Would I buy it, hell yeah!

Who: Yelland & Papps
What: Grenache (14% alc)
Where: Barossa
When: 2013
How much: $40

www.yellandandpapps.com

Follow me @Qwine