Willow Bridge Estate Gravel Pit Shiraz 2013 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Willow Bridge Estate Gravel Pit Shiraz 2013

There's an energetic vibe about this wine. That was my first thought after a whiff. Small additions of Grenache (6%) and Mataro (3%) were tipped in, and gee they add to the picture beautifully.

Chocolate and plummy aromas shift to juicy black fruits and a dash of peppery spice on a long and giving palate. I detected what seemed to be a granite type minerality but I'm pretty sure this wasn't grown on granite soils - just an old quarry site. The wine opened a treat after a little air so a decant won't hurt. Another wine of tremendous depth and balance from winemaker Simon Burnell.

Medium term cellaring will do the trick but this is a go-er right now.

In all, excellent! I could sip it all afternoon. And after a flight of wines tasted I came back to this, and sip it all afternoon I did.

Region: Geographe, Western Australia
RRP: $30
Source: Sample

www.willowbridge.com.au

Follow me @Qwine