Bimbadgen Signature Palmers Lane Shiraz 2014 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Bimbadgen Signature Palmers Lane Shiraz 2014

It's always an interesting exercise comparing wines form the same stable. I tasted this alongside the McDonalds Road Signature Shiraz, and whilst the wines were made exactly the same, subtle differences come back to the vineyard from which they are grown.

I found it a little tight before some air loosened the belt for it to relax. Hello day two and it was drinking magnificently.

Bright red fruits came to the fore whilst earthy characters were prominent. I asked winemaker Rauri Donkin whether it was grown on clay as I felt it came through in the wine. I was half right :) Red clay over limestone he says.

Savoury characters frame the core. A lick of chocolate and shimmer of peppery spice to finish. Superb medium body weight (13.7% alc). Bliss.

Will cellar long term.

Very good+

Region: Hunter Valley
RRP: $75
Source: Sample

www.bimbadgen.com.au

Follow me: Twitter Qwine Instagram _Qwine