Gartelmann Stephanie Pinot Gris 2016 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Gartelmann Stephanie Pinot Gris 2016

Gartelmann is a little operation on Lovedale Road in the Hunter Valley. They have a cute cellar door and a cafe, overlooking a small lake, which is always busy. It was certainly the case again when I dropped in briefly a month ago for a milkshake. No fruit is grown on site and the wines are made off site by Liz Jackson out of First Creek.

Sourced from Orange, it's the first time Gartelmann have made a wine from this vineyard. The label has been 'updated' to use a word, though I must admit I'm not a fan. bring back the magpie which was synonymous with the brand I say.

Cut pear, melon and lemon zest, there's some texture before peeling back a drop of sweetness. The fruit coats the mouth well with more citrus coming to the fore as time goes on. It needs to gel together a bit more for me to sing form the hills though.

Drink now.

88/100 - Good.

Region: Orange
RRP: $25
Source: Sample

www.gartelmann.com.au

Subscribe to Qwine here

Follow me: Twitter Qwine Instagram _Qwine