Leeuwin Estate Siblings Shiraz 2013 - QWine Reviews

Home Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Leeuwin Estate Siblings Shiraz 2013

I tasted this Shiraz beside a cheaper Barossa style, and whilst the South Australian was a solid performer, if anything it just highlighted that this Siblings was off the pace compared to previous years. A shame really - it was only a few weeks ago I had a look at the 2012 Siblings at a dinner and it was beaming.

Savoury and meaty, dark berries and blue fruits - I preferred the aromas than the taste. The delivery doesn't have the smoothness I would have hoped for. It's quite firm and even after a couple of days it maintained the status quo. A dusting of spice and a hint of aniseed rolls through the finish but I'm still not convinced. I'd put my money elsewhere.

Drink now to five years.

86/100 - Good

Region: Margaret River
RRP: $23
Source: Sample

www.leeuwinestate.com

Subscribe to Qwine here

Follow me: Twitter Qwine Instagram _Qwine